Today I'm starting to look at how I can bring the current #exist codebase in line with the functionality I wanted out of the planned exist-core v2, rather than rewriting and being susceptible to the Second System Effect. This involves:
- Migrating from #mysql to to #postgres
- Adding the new event stream table with #json-b metadata field
- Potentially migrating to #python 3 (perhaps relying on
- Pruning away a lot of accumulated cruft that wouldn't have appeared in v2
- Potentially open-sourcing the result
Right now I'm on the first step. I'm looking at using pgloader to migrate data into postgres. In the past I've run into issues migrating to postgres (and so quickly gave up) but I'm hoping pgloader will be my shining light.