Over the holidays, as I wrote in my last log, I tried to upgrade #midnightmurderparty to Ruby 2.3.2 and then 2.3.3 unsuccessfully. Well, 2.4.0 was released on Christmas and I failed to upgrade to that too.
Unfortunately, it seems the combination of one of our unmaintained gems,
rvm/rvm1-capistrano3, which manages installing our gems and selecting our Ruby version during deploy and our one GitHub hosted (not RubyGems) gem,
seuros/capistrano-puma, does not want to work with Ruby above version 2.3.1. It seems either I switch off RVM, originally I used
chruby but couldn’t get deploys working, or I fork this GitHub gem and push it to RubyGems. Neither are guaranteed to work and both would kinda suck.
Aside from that, I’ve been fine tuning our error emails and finding out firsthand that a lot of random bots on the interwebs crawl your site and request nonexistent, usually PHP, files. Trying to keep from waking up to 10
ERROR 404! emails. 😅