littlelogs

Keep a social journal of your work progress as you make and learn things.

#RegEx

January 2017

rhitakorrr
rhitakorrr

Fixed both of the remaining #MidnightMurderParty front-end bugs with one tiny commit!

My suspicions were correct: when I had to mess around with the renderer after Chromium broke itself, I accidentally regressed some code. The bugs didn’t become apparent until I zoomed the page to 175% in Chrome (or did anything in the mess that is Firefox), so it took a while to notice, but the fix was simple once I guessed the problem.

The column-width property doesn’t support percentage values, so to make it dynamic, I manually alter a stylesheet with #regex. Prior to the Chromium fix, the width and height were set this way as well, but then I changed them to 100% since that seemed less sketchy than live-editing more of a stylesheet. Apparently, that was even sketchier and caused the bug. Changing it back to the way it was fixed the offset pages bug (which I was trying to fix) and somehow magically fixed a different bug in Firefox (not complaining).

I also added some stuff to the testing doc.

August 2016

rhitakorrr
rhitakorrr

Did some more work on my #hakyll_portfolio_blog tonight. Initially intended to work on actually designing the site, but got caught up prettying up my routes so they would look like /posts/my-blog-post/ instead of /posts/2016-12-08-my-blog-post.html. Between learning a new library and figuring out how to do #regex in #Haskell, it was more challenging than expected. And that’s before I realized I was modifying external URLs as well as my own. Woops!

But all in all, I don’t really mind the extra time spent. It’s nice to be venturing into the world of #Haskell again… especially after the nightmare that was cross-browser #JavaScript (shudders).

December 2015

belle
belle

Yesterday I tried to get images inside my #littlelogs #ios app to not be blurry, but I can’t figure it out. Apple’s docs say UIImageView does not change size when you set its image property, but that’s exactly what mine is doing. I set it to be 1/3 the size of the image, which works fine, but as soon as I put the 3x image into its image property, the image view resizes itself and ends up way too big for the screen. So for now I’m just using blurry images that are the right size and in the right spot.

Also adding liking and unliking logs to my app, and started looking into formatting links, tags, etc. within logs but #regex is so complicated. I think that stuff is a long way off.

#laterlog

September 2015

kiriappeee
kiriappeee

And it's a new day. Setting up snippets all over #Vim to make development a lot easier. Need to learn the more advanced concepts pertaining to #RegEx though if I really want to get the power out of this