littlelogs

Keep a social journal of your work progress as you make and learn things.

josh
josh

Today, as a little side project because it’s a public holiday here, I took the Swedish subs for a Swedish movie @belle and I wanted to watch and converted them to English. The movie didn’t have any English subs available, so I wrote a little #python script to parse the Swedish srt file, send each section to the Google Translate API, and write a new sub file in English using the original metadata and the resulting translation. It probably cost about $1 - $2 to do, I estimate, not too bad — but the stupid Google API console doesn’t seem to be able to tell me the exact cost until it’s time to get charged. Oh well. The result was pretty decent for machine translation, though, I was pleasantly surprised.

1 week ago python

1 Heart