I did some more work on my #go parser/compiler yesterday, getting everything organised a little better. I hadn’t touched this for weeks previously, because the scale of all the syntax I want to support felt so huge I didn’t know what to do next. But this week I realised I don’t need to support all syntax up-front — I can parse and compile a subset, enough to build some toy examples, and keep iterating in this way with more parsing rules until I can parse and compile the whole language to Go.
I think the only thing left before I can work on compiling this minimum viable language is supporting function calls. Hopefully I’ll find some time to get them happening soon.