Most of the day was spent out with friends and family. Got a little done.
- Timing changes. Rescheduled a recording session for #patreon, and made a decision to slow #invasion work for a few weeks while my partner prepares for a potential career switch.
- Pushed through a couple frustrating problems around #chronicle (new name for #wireapp). Have the navigation drawer working (FINALLY), am moving on to recycler view + tablayout.
Although I don’t feel productive, things are good. Scheduling helped!
- Finished a draft of #freelancing content. Took longer than expected.😪 Started with a design I didn’t like, and ended up redoing it. A reminder never to rush.
- Been playing piano, recording to encourage good practice. Discovered I overcomplicate when playing, and have since benefited from lowering the # of chord changes I do. I’m improving, would love to release an album soon! #music
- Got stuck in unity for #invasion, scheduled a call to go over things with a friend. Everything should be👌 tomorrow.
- Had a good meeting for #patreon. Now have a list of launch tasks, and a deadline of 2 weeks for a content queue. I’m confident the content will be good, but am realistic that it’ll take time to gain traction and make it profitable.
- Had a (slightly silly) idea around #minimalism. Going to restrict myself to one bowl, plate, utensil and bottle, and wash each every time. Might be nice not to use the dishwasher.
So-so day today. Mostly recovering from my crazy night last night. Need some ☕️
- Worked on the #patreon for 1-2 hours today. We’re almost ready to create a queue of content.
- Worked 1-2 hours on ambient music for the game. #invasion I wanted something to listen to while designing, I’d like the music and the mechanics to synergize well so might as well start early!
- Got some potential work from a business friend. Also scheduled a meeting.
Since my last log:
- Overhauled my portfolio
- Drafted a website for my web design work with my friend. Hoping our projects will finish up so i can showcase them on the site.
- Started drafting a #patreon page for my musician roommate. Also made him a website. He’s really good. 😀
- Recorded a couple episodes of a podcast I’m doing with my work friend. Don’t expect to attract any serious audience, more to showcase our funny chats and encourage us to have productive conversations to record.
- Started a Unity game with that same friend. He’s a wizard in that engine and with my new marketing skills I’d like to actually make us some money.
Probably forgot something. Also had an incredible night. Skipped sleep to work on projects, and boy did it pay off! 💪
Catching up on some #writing today:
Posted an update to my #patreon account today for higher-tiered patrons, and spent some time on #ios projects. For #larder I started working on adding a success message when a link is posted, and for #exist I fixed a couple of small bugs in how data was presented to the user, and had another go at debugging a long-standing bug that stops the user’s data from loading.
Cleared out my inbox, did a couple of #client invoicing tasks, sent a couple of #content job applications, and did some brainstorming for future personal projects and articles to build up my #patreon income. Finding it hard to focus on real work at the moment, since I’m worried about income and work prospects. Would be nice to have some more stability soon.
Finally launched #FieldTrip! Thanks @josh for all the help setting it up, proofreading, editing, and making sure I didn’t make any silly mistakes :) You can see it here, with a welcome article and my first full-length article about creating the #productivehabits #course.
So here’s what I’ve completed so far today:
- edits for a #client article
- invoiced two #clients
- followed up emails that were waiting for replies
- scheduled an #interview call for another #client article
- outlined my two #client articles due this week
- sent off #interview questions via email for yet another future #client article
- wrote an about page for #FieldTrip and added a link to my #Patreon account
Finished #editing for today.
Tomorrow I'll start with layouting the Folklore #RPG with #Scribus. Wonder if it is still, at times, a pain in the bum to use. I remember moving text boxes, not being able to undo some actions and horrible table support (if you can call it that).