Ahh keep forgetting to log lately! Here’s what I’ve done over the past couple days:
- Sent an #exist for #ios update to the #appstore that includes #location tracking. Finally! I’ve been working on this for months, so I’m relieved to have it released. #milestone
- Sent an Exist for iOS update to beta testers that syncs more data from #healthkit
- Started drafting one of three #client #content articles due this week
- Did my personal #monthlyreview for October
- Sent out my weekly #newsletter
Also started drafting another personal essay/feature-style article. No idea where I’ll pitch this one to (I should be writing with a publication and audience in mind, supposedly, but I just wanted to make some progress so I jumped in). It’s fun to write in this style, so much nicer than what I normally do. I can feel it flowing more easily, and I can tell it’s going to be fun to read as I’m writing it. Also makes me feel better about my #writing skills.
Aha! I may be finally getting my groove back. Today felt like my most productive for a while. Here’s what I did in the afternoon:
- Outlined and drafted a #client #content article due this week
- Emailed a couple of people who might be interested in my new #monthlyreview project
- Sent pitches to two clients
- Edited a client article from last week
- Responded to all my emails #inboxzero
- Followed up client feedback on another article from last week
- Made some final edits to a post for my #blog
Pitched my first personal essay to a publication today! They say I have to wait 1-2 months to hear back (!!) so I guess I’ll get onto writing another one. This does not seem like a reliable way to make a living, especially when compared with #content work, but it’s a lot more fulfilling. #writing
Busy weekend. Did some more work on my #handlettering for my next #FieldTrip article, and finished watching the videos in the free hand lettering course I’ve been taking. Also started a daily habit of learning #piano for April, wrote up my March #monthlyreview, continued working on #larder for #ios, watched some more of the videos in the #acting class I’m taking, and spent most of yesterday eating burgers and catching up with an old friend at the football.
Went to the Apple store yesterday to trade in a couple of old devices and upgrade my very old original iPad Mini to an iPad Air 2. Realised after unboxing the new iPad that it had a weird dark spot on one part of the screen, so this morning I trekked back to the store to swap it over.
Today I did my personal #monthlyreview for Feb 2016, cleared out my inbox, did a first draft for a one-off #client article due soon, and uploaded a new build of #exist for #ios to #TestFlight (waiting for it to get through review now).