Decided my project this weekend is to move my blog, built on very very old #php I wrote not long out of uni, to a static site generated by #pelican. Getting set up didn’t take long, but I’m glad I’m already familiar with #python as the docs are a bit lacking. Also, geez, all the free themes look designed by developers — a couple are nice but most are just passable and the rest are outright ugly.
I found a theme that wasn’t too bad and spent the afternoon customising it to match what I was after. Think that’s done, at least for a first pass, so tomorrow (or next weekend) I’ll need to export my old blog posts into pelican and then deploy the new blog (and some redirection for old urls).