This afternoon @josh and I recorded a couple of #HelloCode #podcast episodes, and then I felt a bit better, so I got stuck into #exist for #ios. The next step in my process of bringing it inline with the Android app wasn’t due until the 28th of July, but I finished it this afternoon! Pretty happy with how smoothly this is all going so far. Might even get the bulk of it done this month!
Haven’t been logging much lately because I didn’t feel like I’d gotten much done, but here’s a #laterlog of small things from the past couple of days:
Finally finished my review of #exist, #littlelogs, and #podcast progress in 2015 for the #hellocode blog. It’s long! Turns out there was a lot to talk about. There is a TLDR though, and some graphs that sort of go up and to the right. I hope if you read it you find it informative and educational.
- Finished the editing, added the photos, added the links, and posted my Best Films of 2015 to the blog. #bitdepth #bestof2015
- Thinking that I will focus on writing bigger and more contextual reviews of #films on the blog.
- Starting to go through the data logged about the films I watched for another, geekier post on the more detailed breakdown of what and how I watched. #QuantifiedSelf
- Gearing up to start editing some of the interviews I started as part of my #learningleave which will be part of the #podcast I’ll be sharing the interviews on.
- Made a big pot of black beans for supper and the basis for several other meals over the next week or so. #cooking
- Loving my new Withings scale and how it strangely lets me focus less on the weight (as I shifted from pounds to kgs) and more on the trends. #QuantifiedSelf
- Went for a walk downtown. #exercise
- Got back into reading Becoming Steve Jobs. #reading
- Got some interviews done for an upcoming #podcast that is going to be part of my #learningleave. It’s fun to interview people.
- Trying to watch more #films to get past 500 films viewed this year as I prepare for my “Best of 2015” year end #blog post.
- Walking a bit more as I keep checking in with #exist and loving how the goals are different from my fixed one in my Fitbit as it pushes me to be more active.
Also, #laterlog: yesterday @belle and I resurrected the #hellocode #podcast! This episode was called Catching up and was basically a catch-up on Belle’s new job, what we’ve been doing with #exist and #littlelogs, plus reiterating our medium-term plans. We didn’t mention all of you lovely folks by name, but we’re happy to have you here all the same :)
Recorded and published a new #hellocode #podcast episode, after multiple false starts. It's called "Startup house", and it's about living and working together, all of it in the one house. http://blog.hellocode.co/post/podcast-11-startup-house/
We did a new #hellocode #podcast today. It's about #content marketing and how to do it, and why, and how it's possible to market something and not destroy your soul. http://blog.hellocode.co/post/podcast-10-content-marketing/
Recorded a new #hellocode #podcast for all our eager two/three listeners! It's called "Bootstrapped" and it's about balancing #exist work and, well, other work. Just don't call Exist a side project. http://blog.hellocode.co/post/podcast-08-bootstrapped/
New #HelloCode #podcast episode! This one is about saying no to cold emails, which we've had to do more of lately: http://blog.hellocode.co/post/podcast-07-saying-no/
Guess what, friends? Our #HelloCode #podcast is in iTunes! https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/hello-code/id987045821 (You may not be able to find it via search in your podcast app for another day or two, but pasting in the URL should work.)
Just published/aired/released/launched episode 05 of the #hellocode #podcast. It's about failing to raise #money, get into startup accelerators, and impress investors. Plenty of fun stories. http://blog.hellocode.co/post/podcast-05-failure-to-fund/
Recorded a new #hellocode #podcast with @belle this afternoon about our first anniversary of launching Exist, results from the survey, and what we're working on next. http://blog.hellocode.co/post/podcast-04-year-two/
Recorded a new #podcast episode about the one year anniversary of #exist and getting feedback from users (good and bad): http://blog.hellocode.co/post/podcast-04-year-two/
Recorded and posted a new #hellocode #podcast on @belle's experiences learning to code (and a bit about me picking up Android dev). http://blog.hellocode.co/post/podcast-03-learning-to-code/