- Paid my latest #tax instalment
- Cleared out my inbox (mostly)
- Followed up most of the #changemap tasks for #exist that came in over the past week
- Wrote up the Hello Code monthly report for December and drafted a matching #blog post
- Worked on bug fixes for #exist for #ios, sent a new version to TestFlight, and tried to submit a new version to the App Store but iTunesConnect was broken yet again.
On a totally different topic, I’ve been really torn about #ios development recently, as I think I enjoy doing it, but when I had the chance to submit my resume for consideration for a contract recently I baulked at the idea, and I wondered if maybe I don’t like it that much after all. But the little bits I’ve done on #exist this week have reminded me that it can be fun and it’s enjoyable when I feel confident about what I’m doing—there’s just a lot more for me to learn before I can be confident about iOS development on average.
I’m not sure what that means going forward, but it’s good to rethink how you feel about your work sometimes.
Did some small tasks this morning:
- sent off an outline of a #guestpost that had been requested after I suggested a topic
- uploaded a new build of #exist for #ios for beta testers
- sorted out some #tax #admin forms and payments
Need to get stuck into some client work today, but my sunburn from yesterday is really sore still, and makes me want to just go to sleep until it’s healed.
Wrote summaries for each of the 4 weeks in my email course today and created PDF versions. The last email in each week is going to include a summary PDF to help people implement the techniques in the course. #writing
Also finished off a draft of a #blog post I wrote about my must have apps for 2015, and added screenshots. Might get it published tonight, otherwise tomorrow.